maandag, augustus 07, 2006

Wasigh C# notifyballoon

Een tijdje terug schreef ik al over mijn perfecte RSS reader. Om de notify balloon te maken heb ik code gehaald van: http://www.codeproject.com/cs/miscctrl/notifyiconex.asp Alleen heeft deze code wat problemen:
I must admit that the documentation concerning the balloon tip does not seem to match the behaviour. The timeout value does not seem to work. I could not get the correct windows message when the balloon is closed by the 'x' button. I get the 'timeout' message whether the balloon times out or it is closed by the user. Let me know if I have done anything wrong in regards to these issues or if anybody gets different results than I did on my XP machine.




De timeout issue heb ik gefixed door gebruik te maken van een timer een het feit dat de balloon verdwijnt als je de tekst op een lege string zet: https://blogs.gotdotnet.com/oldnewthing/archive/2005/01/10/349894.aspx
Alleen override ik hiermee het standaard gedrag dat een een notifyballoon heeft
(hij ziet automatisch of de user wel achter de pc zit, wat best kewl is ;))



Over zijn 2e opmerking dat is "by design" zoals Raymond Chen opmerkt:
"If such a notification were generated, ill-behaved programs would just react to a click on the balloon's "X" button with an annoying follow-up dialog like, "Are you sure you want to ignore my wonderful message?" So there was a conscious decision not to give them the chance."


Waarom het dan wel in de API zit? Beats me... Om mijn wijzigingen terug te geven aan de community: http://www.breinloos.nl/files/Wasigh.NotifyIcon.zip

Geen opmerkingen: